HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting (inc HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide CPR)
Description: This course teaches the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. Applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
Due to COVID-19 Please note that this course is offered by online training with 30 minutes of face to face training. All courses are conducted at Crows Nest, NSW, 2065
This unit of competency has been approved by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and meets the requirements of first aid, and asthma & anaphylaxis. The unit also includes CPR.
Cost: $145 per participant / Group pricing available
Time: 30 minutes face-to-face training with 5.5 hours of pre-course study.
At the successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a statement of attainment valid for 3 years*. This unit contributes to the approved first aid, anaphylaxis and asthma training in registered Children’s Services Providers.
Certificate contains the units:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
*Please note that the CPR component of the training is only valid for 12 months and should be updated annually.
* Please note that students must perform 2 minutes of CPR on the floor.
2/25 Willoughby Rd, Crows Nest, NSW, 2065.
Various times and dates are available.
Public courses dates and times
Private courses are available also usually 6 hours within your own Childcare facility at a time that suits you. Discounts offered for groups.
Accreditation is conducted under the auspices and in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd, Registered Training Organisation number 90909 and ABN 63 114 756 857.
1. Make a payment to confirm your booking – through the book a course page
2. Enhanced online course of 5.5 hours unsupervised pre-course study and 30 minutes of face-to-face practical training and assessment. This includes attendance and participating in problem solving scenarios and on-going information and questioning.
What you need to bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Form of identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo I.D. Card, Student card).
Cancellations / Re-scheduling / Refunds / Privacy
All booking cancellations or re-scheduling will incur a $40.00 fee. In cases where less than 48 hours notice of cancellation or re-schedule is provided, the full course fee may be charged (this also includes no shows). For instant mistake booking we will re-schedule or refund may be applied. We will not disclose customer personal information to any 3rd parties.